Sunday, February 26, 2012

Directions? What directions?

I learned something today.  I learned that I really should abide by the directions listed on a bottle of chemicals.  The whole "wear protective rubber gloves when handling product"  just didn't seem to apply to me at the time.  I mean, who has the time to disrupt their mo-jo and hunt down a pair of rubber gloves?  Not me!  Now I know that they put such words on the label specifically for the stubborn (ahem...like me).

Dear Brain In My Head,
     Next time do not allow your person to open a bottle of photo sensitizer and emulsion, taking no care to avoid it getting on your bare thumbs, lest you want to experience the burning feeling of it eating into your skin for hours afterwards.  Not smart. 

               Sincerely,
                     Self



I've never had a chemical burn before but they are surprisingly painful for their pathetic little size.  I stole a couple of my kid's Scooby Doo bandages to sport tonight.

For the record, I hate following the directions on sewing patterns too.  I'm impatient for my end result and would rather take short cuts.  No risk of chemical burns there though, so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment