Monday, March 26, 2012

A "B" for Me

I love it when a craft I have planned turns out better than I thought it would, even if it is through an epic fail.  I originally started out with the plan to Mod Podge fabric scraps onto a plain B for the table top wreath holder my mother-in-law gave us a few weeks ago.  She gave us a Valentine's themed wreath to hang on it, which I did, but after the holiday I decided I needed to find something that could be "year round".

After my failed Mod Podge attempt where it looked like fabric threw up on my B, I moved onto wrapping yarn.  I didn't do a tutorial, because you can find these plastered all over Pinterest right now.  I added a ribbon for the hanger, hot glued under the yarn so it is hidden, and a felted wool flower I found at our local craft store majorly on sale (LOVE those finds!).  I love the color it brings to my room, all under $5 AND using up some scrap yarn I had no other ideas for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment