Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mr. Octopus

Right now, octopus are big in our house.  They are kinda funky creatures.  Somewhere along the line my oldest, Super T, decided he's all about them and my youngest, Super K, thinks anything big bro likes must be cool.  When Super T falls, he falls hard.  Lucky for him I'm a mom who likes to encourage their current loves (so far we've experienced tractors, tires and wheels, dinos, sharks, Spiderman, swords and guns, buffalo, Roy Rogers, battleships, tanks and chainsaws).  All boy.

I looked up several photos of octopus online because I've never really taken the time to study what one really looks like and started drawing up a black and white design:



Here is Mr. Octopus "cooking" under my lamp (photo emulsion screen printing process...see this post for links on detailed tutorials for that process.

The final result for my boys.  I'm really liking how this turned out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment